Friday, February 29, 2008

Rich or Poor?


I have promised to define my view of rich and poor previously. Actually I discuss this issue before. It begins with one of my friend always say other people is rich and he is poor. In fact, what I see is he is rich too. I asked him, “Why are you so humble? No body asks you to on host here!” He says it is because he doesn’t have enough money to buy the things he wants! I am wondering if he want the whole world, that means he will be forever poor?

I started to think how to define rich and poor. There are lot of different scales and guidelines from each person. Anyway this complicated measurement is mostly measure by the money under of wealth topic.

For me, rich or poor, let’s find a rough border between them. I imagine have an income. After deduct the minimum spending for food and beverages, house, bills, cloths, fuel or transportation, insurance, and all the needs, I still have about 20% - 30% for the saving. I consider this is the critical turning point. It is because once there is saving, there is seed capital. Either this seed can grow become grass or tree, it depend on the person himself or herself.

For those stay at the border, they have to choose their way either want to step forward or not. They are like rowing boat in the counter flow water, if they stop rowing, they drift backward. Why not spend some time and energy find the way to step on to the shore?

No comments: